Home » All, Travel

London Heathrow

8 March 2008 No Comment

Slate and I finally landed in London and we are in our hotel feeling like we just did an adventure race! The feeling of raw teamwork, running with your split second decisions with total exhaustion while taking in all you can in an unfamiliar territory. Yes, we were out of this world. Trying to extend our high and stay awake till night time we headed down to the Executive Lounge (slates traveling is finally paying off) to suck up a cappuccino and with plenty of time to head off to a tour of the Windsor Castle and the shops in the area.

The Windsor Castle added to our blur and our vacation was now in full effect as we were true tourists…”did you know” the castle is over nine hundred years old and is one of the Queens official residences. Here you can check out our castle collection. After the castle we looked around the shops, and came across this awesome oil shop. The weather was cold, dark and misty and everyone was wearing their big parka’s. UK has it’s own beat of fashion! Hey, I think I just saw Harry Potter…..HA”

Now totally wasted on espresso and lack of sleep we headed to Starbucks for some sandwiches that looked somewhat normal. I wasn’t so sure about the other weird sandwiches in the little cafés, so we played it safe.

Back at the hotel we decide to calm our nerves and refresh our energy by going in the steam room and belly floppin into the tiny pool which we attempted to do laps.. hehehe slate stubbed his toe and kept bumping into the pool walls… sooo funny… now into the sauna for some heat! We certainly needed that and we were super excited to crash out.

We got back to our hotel room, plopped into bed and I set my alarm for 6:30 am, we had planned to wake up and run before our 12:15 pm flight to Rome, Italy. Well at 2:00 am in the morning we woke up and could not go back to sleep. Looking on the internet and emailing friends and family past the time away and it was now about 4am, time to go back to sleep so we could run before having to get to the airport by 10am.

My alarm woke me up and I hit the snooze, like I do every morning! I woke up a little later to look at the clock “CRAP” it was 10:40am, I couldn’t believe it. We were already suppose to be at the airport! I woke up Slate and I called the Conserige to call us a taxi while we threw all of our crap in our bags and put the same clothes on from the day before. Back to adventure racing and running down the next checkpoint! Dang I should have brought my shampoo to the pool and washed like the Indian lady after we swam.. hehehe I don’t know why people do that… gross… Anyways we made it downstairs and into the taxi in record time. At the airport we were able to check in and make it to the gate with time to stop and grab some food. I think it was 2am US time? I can’t believe we made it, we were both sooo stoked. It was a quick 2 hour flight and we landed in Rome for the next stage of or race. I mean vacation.

Here are some snaps

inside the cyardUK GromsUK Laday

Leave your response!

Add your comment below, or trackback from your own site. You can also subscribe to these comments via RSS.

Be nice. Keep it clean. Stay on topic. No spam.

You can use these tags:
<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

This is a Gravatar-enabled weblog. To get your own globally-recognized-avatar, please register at Gravatar.